After the tour through the factory plants of Torslanda, we were ready to go to the Brand Experience Center , to get a demonstration about Volvo safety & environment programm. But, by surprise, we were urged to jump in our cars and drive to the Volvo Crash Center, were we would be able to see one of Volvo’s famous crash tests. As said, always difficult to plan ahead, but we were very lucky.
No pictures aloud for obvious reason, but some found online to give you an idea how it was.
After the unique experience, we went back to the Experience Center for the guided tour through Volvo’s Safety program.
This was finished with a lunch together with Dutch Lex Kerssemakers, Senior Vice President Product Strategy & Vehicle Line Mgt. at Volvo Car Corporation. He explained about the current situation at Volvo Cars, a lot of things are happening at the time, many new introductions coming up, new platforms, new engines etc.
After the lunch we headed to the Volvo Demo Center.
The 2012 – Volvo Factory Tour by Volvo-forum.nl:
– Pininfarina Uddevalla (factory where the C70 is produced)
– SAAB Museum in Trolhättan
– Blue train tour through the factory on Torslanda
– Brand Experience Center on Torslanda
– Volvo Crash Center with live crash test
– lunch with Lex Kerssemakers, Senior Vice President Product Strategy & Vehicle Line Mgt. at Volvo Car Corporation
– test drive of all current models at the Volvo Demo Centre
– presentation of the new V40 by Fedde Talsma Chief Designer at the Volvo Design Center