Volvo Photo Locations Part 108
Råda säteri is located on Säteriallén in Mölnlycke.
Råda säteri is a herrgård or country house in Råda parish in Härryda. The manor is located near Rådasjön, right near Molnlycke not far from Göteborg.
The main building and the wings were designed by the Swedish-British architect Sir William Chambers (1723-96). Chambers assisted also with drawings to the farmhouse main building, which was built in 1770-72. His younger sister Sara (1724-85) became a widow in 1770 and married two years later on with the owner of the manor, Martin Törngren.
The main building is constructed entirely of timber, and dressed with panels, the panel type that most resembled the stone building’s facade. The building is the style neoclassical with symmetry both in terms of room allocation as external design.
Externally, the building has very little has changed. Internally, it has undergone minor changes in the downstairs when the building fitted up inn in 1974.
The two wing buildings were erected simultaneously with the main building in 1772. The west was destroyed, however, in a fire in the mid-1800s. The existing west wing was built in in 1887.
Since 1969, Råda säteri is owned by the Härryda Community. In the main building is now a restaurant located.